What is dry-fix and why adopt it?
Dry-fix roofing is the method of mechanically fixing products and systems to the roof perimeter without the use of sand and cement mortar. The many advantages of dry-fix roofing highlight why it has been well established in Scotland for some time and now leading the way throughout the rest of the UK and Ireland.
With many years experience and a commitment to providing an amazing service for every customer, it's easy to see why we are your first choice when it comes to roofing solutions.
all our dry roofing systems come withour 10 year garantee.
Traditional mortar bedding is quickly becoming a thing of the past, with dry-fix solutions replacing it as the norm for multiple applications above the roofline from ridge and hip systems to valley trough installation.
The move towards dry-fix products has been accelerated by the large percentage of claims in relation to mortar and its potential to fail, even on new buildings. Mortar has a limited lifespan and requires maintenance as it will deteriorate in time through natural weathering. It is also susceptible to cracking because of the natural movement in the building structure and shrinkage. This can leave the ridge & hip tiles and verges vulnerable to the elements, which can then become dislodged by high winds and strong winds causing additional damage and water ingress and costly internal damage.
Our tried-and-tested Roll-Out Dry Ridge solution is a mechanically fitted system which securely fixes the ridge tiles onto a roof, protecting them from wind up-lift and rain penetration.
The number of storms battering the UK every year is increasing - and with this there's a growing revalation of the unreliability of using mortar to secure vulnerable areas of the roof such as the verge of the roof.
Here at Roof Guard, we can fit a Fast Fit Dry Verge System has been designed to provide an extremely cost effective alternative that avoids all of the long term maintenance problems - and costs - associated with mortar bedding.
Benefits of Dry Verge
- Strong and durable
- Simple and fast to install
- Two kits available for use with Double Roman, Edgemere, Duo Edgemere, Ludlow Major, Mendip, Modern, Duo Modern and Wessex interlocking tiles
- Mechanically fixed
- Emulates appearance of traditional verge
- Suitable for use with verges without bargeboard
- If repairing a verge consider the use of the Universal batten extension to allow trouble free conversion to dry fix
- Weathertight and maintenance free
Over time all valleys need attention, as it copes with vast amounts of rain water which wash out the natural salts in your mortar causing your cement to crack.
A dry valley is maintenance free.
Function and compatibility
- Provides weather tight ventilation in the roof slope
- Provides up to 10,000 mm2 free area of ventilation
- For natural, mechanical or soil pipe ventilation
- Can be used with all concrete and clay plain and interlocking tiles
- Dry fix, mortar free system for a long maintenance free life
- Can accommodate up to a 20 degree pitch variance either side of the valley
- Can be used on pitches up to 60 degree pitches
- Unique profile maximises discharge rates
- Gives a finished appearance of a close cut roof
Why not upgrade from older roof products like cement, to UPVC Strong Plastic ridge and verge systems.
There are many benefits to upgrading, one of the major reasons is to prevent the ingress of pests and birds into the loft space.
New Dry Systems, Ridge and Verge, replacements will cut down the costs of future repairs.